Code of Conduct
- I agree to comply with Pedigree Pets terms and conditions.
- I agree to act honestly and ethically while using Pedigree Pets website, treating other members with respect and transacting in good faith.
- I agree to provide feedback on any purchases I complete using the website. This feedback should:
- Be honest and based on actual experience.
- Not contain offensive or inappropriate content
- Not contain defamatory comments.
- Not disclose personal information.
- As a buyer I understand that I am purchasing a forever pet. It is my intention to keep this pet for the entirety of its lifetime.
- I have researched the breed and ensured it is suitable for my circumstances and will ask additional questions of the breeder for any concerns as to suitability.
- I understand it is my responsibility to inform local government of my pet purchase (where required) and to ensure my pet is registered in my area.
- I am well aware of any health implications and behavioural traits associated with the breed I select and will either take out pet insurance or ensure funds are available for treatment as required, as well as ensuring all maintenance health care (flea treatment, worming, vaccinations, grooming, and training) is covered.
- I understand that I need to follow the breeders instructions regarding diet and care for the first few weeks after coming into the home and changes thereafter will be made gradually.
- I agree to provide to Pedigree Pets regular feedback (1 week, 1 month, 1 year and annually thereafter) on the pet purchased. Should Pedigree Pets choose to interview me post-purchase I agree to answer all questions within 14 days
- All pets I breed are within the rules and regulations of the relevant registering body and this membership is kept current. I abide by the Code of Ethics outlined by the relevant registering body as well as that of Pedigree Pets. I will notify Pedigree Pets immediately should my membership to the relevant registering body be ceased – regardless of the circumstances.
- Pets are kept in good health, with regular veterinary visits as and when required. All pets are well socialised, and kept in a hygienic and suitable environment. I agree that Pedigree Pets may wish to inspect my breeding facilities, and that they may interview buyers of pets as to the quality and care provided in the environment I provide.
- Should Pedigree Pets choose to interview me post-sale I agree to answer all questions within 14 days.
- All pets available listed on this site are those of my own breeding, with animals registered in my name with my registering body.
- All pets listed on this site will be/have been registered with my registering body.
- All pets listed on this site will have/had all their required vaccinations, worming & flea treatment per standard vet recommended protocols.
- All pets listed on this site will be/have been microchipped and have been registered on the applicable register.
- I understand and give permission to Pedigree Pets to contact my registering body to confirm my membership upon initial registration, and then annually when memberships are renewed. I further give permission for Pedigree Pets to contact my registering body to verify that pets listed have been registered under my name and that I own/lease the mother of the pets.
Use of Content on the Site
The content on this site is protected by copyright and you are prohibited from reproducing, displaying, distributing any content (including but not limited to text, graphics, imaged, logo’s, button icons, software and code). You may share the provided link to your listings.
You guarantee that all information provided to Pedigree Pets (including information on your profile, photographs, videos and descriptions) is posted by you and that you hold the ownership/authority to share this information.
Limitation of Liability & Indemnity
Pedigree Pets is designed as a service for breeders and buyers alike and makes no guarantees that a transaction will occur, or over the character of the breeder or buyer. It is recommended to all users to assess the information provided to make an informed decision. Feedback is vital and therefore a required component of the process. You agree to indemnify Pedigree Pets and all its officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any claims, actions or demands including without limitation legal and accounting fees.
Links to Other Sites
This Site contains links to third party web sites. These links are provided as a convenience to You and are not an endorsement by Pedigree Pets. Pedigree Pets is neither responsible for the content and material of these sites, nor responsible for decisions made based on information contained within these sites.
Use of your information
The personal information supplied to Pedigree Pets is used in multiple ways:
- As a breeder your information is used to verify your membership with your registering body.
- Contact information provided to Pedigree Pets will be used to verify breeders registrations. For a list of all registries, please refer to the "About" page.
- Answers to the buyers questionnaire will be visible to those breeders whom the buyer submits an Expression of Interest to.
- Contact details will be provided to breeder/buyer upon the breeder selecting the buyer and selecting the "reserved" status.
- Contact details will not be released to any other organisations, however Pedigree Pets reserves the right to offer you third party services and products.
- Information provided by the breeder for use in populating the breeder profile will be visible to general public.